Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's a BOY!!!

I'm pretty sure I ended the last post with the comment that things are "quickly" changing in our lives! That could not be anymore true!! Hayden Williams Baker has officially arrived and he arrived in a flash! He was born on Wed evening--October 27-- at 9:31 pm---I had been having contractions throughout the day at work but nothing terrible--I even took supper to my parents house that night--my water broke at 8:00 pm and I was determined to take a shower--after all Brent was still farming! I hopped in and out of the shower and probably had to wait 5 min on Brent--we quickly stopped at our house to grab the bag and of course the camera! At this point the contractions were getting a little more ferocious! As we checked in at the hospital it dawned on me and I already knew in the back of my mind I was too late for an epidural but there was still hope right? We got to the delivery room and I was already between 8/9 cm---the nurse confirmed that I would not be recieving an epidural or anything for that matter--we didn't even have time to put in an IV! But shortly Dr.Baker arrived and with in a few pushes Hayden was here! I have to say my nurses were wonderful!! They were so calm and collected and that for sure kept me calm! Later Brent told me he thought he would have to apologize to the nurses later because he thought my temper was going to blow after being told no drugs!! He said my eyes were the biggest he had ever seen them!

Hayden Williams Baker
7 lbs 4 oz 20 inch

TONS of DARK hair!!!

Williams is my Grandma's maiden name.

Here is Mimi-Cale-and Hayden
Cale is wonderful with him! We just have to really watch him because he loves to point out his eyes-hair-nose-mouth----and he can be a little rough! But he loves to get up in his face and talk or kiss him!

Hayden

The carseat always looks like it could swallow them whole!


Our first family photo---me and my BOYS!!!






5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new addition, Baker Family! He's such a handsome little blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your big beautiful family! What a great birth story... I am super jealous. Take care of that little baby bear - that is what Hayden looks like to me with all that dark hair. Cale certainly seems happy to see him. XOXO, Beth/Pete/Theo Yoder

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! He is so beautiful!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Hayden...What an amazing family!! Keith, Jess, and Kamryn Barber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! He is such a cute little boy with TONS of hair! You are lucky you didn't have him in the car. haha. I love the name Hayden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Abby! Such a funny birth story!! He is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete