Friday, December 3, 2010

Trauma Drama

Cale has had SEVERAL bumps-bruises-scratches-and scrapes----but he finally gave me a big scare! Hayden and I were outside on the front porch while Cale was playing with his Jeep powerwheels---he was standing on the seat and I told him to sit down but at about that time he fell out of the Jeep onto the rocks in the driveway----believe me when I say Cale is all boy and has definately been "roughed up" so most of the time he's pretty tough--but after he fell he screamed bloody murder--I was right there in literally 5 secs and when I got there the neck of his shirt was soaked in blood---panic set in----a newborn in one arm and Cale in the other--we ran inside to assess the situation--it wasn't a very big cut at all but it just kept bleeding---Brent wanted to stick a bandaid on it! I quickly respond that you couldn't do that so this is what Brent came up with......Rambo Jr

Needless to say it traumatized me way more than Cale---After we got inside he asked for a popsicle and once he got that the tears stopped.

As for Hayden he is doing great---5 wks old now and he is really filling out--he kind of has his days and nights a little mixed up right now but hopefully that's short lived. I don't think he's lost a strand of hair--someone made the comment " look at all that hair-you get to comb it" I responded by saying "no we HAVE to comb it!"


I honestly couldn't ask that Cale be any better with him--He's all lovey dovey with him---anytime I lay Hayden on the floor Cale is right beside him--we even caught him getting a wipe out of the box, wiping Hayden's nose and trying to give him the pacifier--he is super sweet to him!






2 comments:

  1. What a good daddy to come up with the perfect bandaid! I love when daddies dig in and take over when their kiddos are hurting! Such a cute family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A popsicle always helps! haha. Glad it wasn't anything too serious! I know boys can be rough.

    ReplyDelete