Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Cale!!!

Happy 1st Birthday Cale!!!
We celebrated Cale's 1st birthday on Sat. Jan. 30th even though Cale's birthday is Feb. 1. We had a great party--celebrating with our families and friends.
I love making cakes for my nephews and nieces birthdays so of course I had to makes Cale's also---but I might have went overboard for his first birthday---I'm not sure how I'm going to top this cake!!! We had a "Radio Flyer Wagon" theme---so I attempted the ultimate..... a radio flyer red wagon and wagon wheel cupcakes......and it turned out better than I could've hoped for!! You can see Cale sitting beside it here.
I got him a cake from Jay C to eat/play in.
You can tell these are some pretty sleepy eyes while we were singing happy birthday--



Not to sure about the icing.....he got some on his fingers....


And couldn't wipe it off.....the more he tried to wipe it off the more it smeared....and the tears started rolling---I really thought he'd play in it but he hated it!!

We tried to get another "cousins" photo----it never fails that one of them is always crying in the picture...but it always makes for an interesting picture.
Onto the presents!! He tore some paper and shook some tissue paper but wasn't exactly diving in. All of the presents and cards were great!

We got him this Stephen Joseph BackPack with the farm scene and I couldn't resist taking this picture---he looked so cute with it on!
Thanks to everyone for making Cale's 1st birthday so great!!
At Cale's 1 year check-up he weighed 20'12--was 29 inches long--& has 8 teeth--He's growing so much--He's walking all over the place, waving bye bye and is a kissing machine! Still saying dada-mama-and of course Gus (our dog) I can't believe a year has already gone by--oh how time flies.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry we weren't there! Looks like he had a great birthday party! Of course, the cake was AWESOME! We will get together soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog today...didn't know you were in the blog world. haha. You always tell me about your little boy when you clean my teeth and I finally got to see some pics! He is a cutie!!! Great job on the cake...looks like a pros.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww the Cake is ADORABLE. Happy Birthday to Cale!

    ReplyDelete